At the beginning of February, we announced our Foodbank was staying open and asked for your help.
Since then, we’ve pivoted our operations to respond to changes in supply chains, worked with our charity partners to gauge and support their most immediate needs, and shifted our volunteer activities to keep food moving to where it’s needed most.
- The result: 610,000 meals for those that are most vulnerable.
- The challenges have been unprecedented but so has your support.
- Food industry partners have donated 170 tonnes of excess product
- Logistics partners have stepped in to help with additional storage space and transportation
- Community food drives have collected over 30 tonnes of rice, noodles, canned goods and other key staples
- Corporate and foundation partners have supported our emergency food box programme
- Volunteers have contributed 2,167 hours to sort, pack and distribute food
- Charity partners have pivoted their food programmes to supply food and hygiene products to those that need it most
- Together, we’ve distributed 260 tonnes of product to help those in need including 4,440 emergency food packs, 93,000 facemasks and 10 tonnes of hygiene products
This is why we’re hopeful that we will not just survive this crisis, we will come out stronger. But we still need your support. Our frontline partners are dealing with an increase in need in their communities meaning food assistance for the vulnerable has never been more vital.
Here’s how you can help.
Are you a food company with surplus product? Can you help with a special donation of key staples?
We have an 11,000 square foot Foodbank with a walk-in fridge and freezer, and a fleet of 4 vehicles. If you have chilled, frozen or ambient items by the case or pallet, please contact our Food Sourcing Team today.
Not in the food industry but still want to donate food?
Help us keep the basics in stock for those that need an extra helping hand. Our greatest need is for rice, noodles, canned foods and hygiene products. Drop off your donation at the FHK Foodbank or one of our community collection points.
Alternatively, support our Virtual Food Drive – 100% of donations go towards supporting key staples for frontline charities.
We expect the increase in people needing help to last for many months. Help us keep our warehouse open, trucks on the road and food assistance flowing to those that need support the most and consider making a monthly gift to Feeding Hong Kong.
For as little as HK$15 – half the cost of a regular coffee – you can support 3 meals a day for those most in need.
Donate today. Every dollar makes a difference.
Can you help drive one of our vans, support with our collections and deliveries, or join one of our packing sessions?
Visit our Volunteer Calendar to see how you can help. We’re adding new shifts each week.
Read about our special hygiene protocols for volunteers here.
We have been here for the past three months providing food to vulnerable people and with your continued support will keep feeding Hong Kong. Together, we can ensure that those most in need are not forgotten.
The Feeding Hong Kong Team