Beef & Liberty
Char-grilled sweet corn cobbler
250g canned sweet corn
60g unsalted butter
4 corn on the cob, char-grilled and kernels removed
4 spring onions, chopped
3 jalapenos, finely chopped
1 onion, diced
2 tablespoons cream
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
1 teaspoon pepper
Pinch of salt
- Heat the butter in the frying pan. Add the onion and cook on a low heat for 6 minutes, until soft.
- Add the jalapeno. Add both types of corn, the cream, salt and pepper.
- Cook for 3 minutes to reduce the sauce.
- Add the herbs and spring onion. Serve.
- If you don’t have a char-grill, use a frying pan instead. Brush the corn with a little oil, salt and pepper then cook on a medium high heat for 10 minutes or until tender. Alternatively, steam for 10 minutes. This will alter the flavour of the dish but it will still be very tasty!
- This dish is delicious served with a topping of crispy mung dal.
- Sweet corn is rich in lutein and zeaxanthin, two phytochemicals that promote healthy vision. It is also a good source of fibre. A midsized ear of corn contains 3g of dietary fibre. This can help to reduce the risk of heart disease and regulate blood sugar for people with diabetes.