Oversee Warehouse sessions, guiding a team of volunteers to inspect, sort and repack donated food. Tasks include giving tours and being the go to person when the volunteers have questions.
What will I be doing:
- Work with our Volunteer and Education Coordinator to plan the day’s group activity
- Welcome volunteers and lead a tour of the foodbank
- Brief volunteers on how to inspect, sort and repack donated food items
- Be the person volunteers can turn to if they have any questions.
- Mon – Fri
- Half day shift (pm)
- Aged at least 18 years old
- Comfortable managing teams of people setting out tasks
- Positive, friendly and personable – able to motivate and interact well with a diverse range of volunteers
- Adaptable – the amount of surplus can vary and is unpredictable
- Bilingual proficiency in English and Cantonese preferred
- Extremely sociable role, interacting with and leading teams of different people
- Hone your interpersonal and leadership skills
- Be at the forefront of stopping good food from going to waste