100g tomatoes, chopped
4 spring onions, chopped
½ lime, juiced
¼ cucumber, finely chopped
¼ teaspoon dried red chilli, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix the chopped tomatoes, cucumber, spring onions, lime juice and red chilli together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on a buritto or taco or with a side of vegetable sticks.
- Store any leftover salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Try stirring any extra salsa through cooked pasta for a simple pasta sauce.
- Add some finely chopped red radish to the basic salsa recipe for extra zest!
- Tomatoes are a source of lycopene, an antioxidant that helps prevent certain cancers.
- Spring onions are rich in vitamins and minerals. They are particularly good for the heart and help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.