Yau Master Ltd
Sweet pear soup
3 dried figs, diced
2 ya pears (Chinese white pears), diced
1 jubing (Chinese preserved mandarin cake), diced
1 lemon, zested and juiced
10g nan bei xing (Chinese apricot kernels)
1 litre water
- Put the water in the saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Add the pear, figs, mandarin cake and apricot kernels. Cook on a high heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice. Serve.
- Apples can be used instead of pears for an equally delicious soup.
- To make a jelly, add 50g agar powder to the soup. Place in the fridge and leave overnight to set.
- All the ingredients for this soup can be easily bought in the wet market.
- Pears are rich in important antioxidants, flavonoids and dietary fibre. Consuming pears may help with weight loss and reduce the risk of developing cancer, hypertension, diabetes, and heart disease, in accordance with an overall healthy diet.
- Dried fruits are an excellent source of fibre and antioxidants, helping prevent heart disease and some forms of cancer.