Steamed ginger spice chicken
400g chicken fillet
6 spring onions, sliced into 5cm pieces
1 tablespoon ginger spice powder
½ tablespoon Shao Hsing wine
Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the chicken, ginger spice powder, Shao Hsing wine, salt and pepper in the bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Put the spring onions on the plate. Place the chicken on top.
- Steam for 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
- A whole chicken or chicken legs can be used instead of fillets. Marinate and steam for a longer time if more chicken is used.
- In the summer, cool the cooked chicken to room temperature. Discard all the skin and fat, shred the flesh by hand and mix with shredded cucumber. Serve cold.
- Chicken is an excellent source of protein, providing all the amino acids essential for human health.
- Protein is a major building block of muscular tissue in the body, including skeletal muscle, heart tissue, and smooth muscle found in the walls of the intestines.