Professional Chef Union
Spam and eggs
200g bitter gourd, sliced
198g (1 can) luncheon meat, finely chopped
4 eggs, beaten
4 spring onions, chopped
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon oil
- Put the egg, spring onions and cornstarch in the bowl. Mix together.
- Heat the oil in the wok. Add the luncheon meat. Pan-fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the bitter gourd. Cook until hot.
- Pour in the egg mixture. Pan-fry until cooked. Serve.
- For a spicy version of this dish, add some chopped red chilli to the egg mixture.
- Try replacing the luncheon meat with other meats – cooked ham or chicken franks would also work well in this dish.
- Bitter gourd is low in calories and an excellent source of vitamin A, C and potassium.
- Canned meats like luncheon meat contain a lot of salt and saturated fat, which can adversely affect the health including the heart and kidneys. Try to use fresh meat when possible.