That Food Cray !!
Pork Loco Moco
300g minced pork
¼ onion, diced
40ml vegetable stock
3 tablespoons oil
2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with 1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
- Put the rice and water in the rice cooker. Cook according to the instructions.
- Mix the pork, salt and pepper in the large bowl. Divide the mixture into 4 and shape in to patties.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the wok. Add the pork patties. Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes. Flip over the patties, cover with the lid and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Heat another tablespoon of oil in the wok. Add the onion and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and Worcestershire sauce and bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the cornstarch mixture. Stir until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan. Add the eggs and fry sunny side up.
- To serve, place the rice on a plate, top with the pork patties, pour over the sauce and finish with the fried eggs.
- Placing a lid over the cooking patties seals in the moisture and helps ensure juicy patties. If you don’t have a wok with a lid, use a plate or another pan.
- This is a great recipe for using up leftover rice. Make sure the rice is heated thoroughly before serving.
- Choose extra-lean minced pork for a heart-healthy option with less saturated fat.
- Eggs are an excellent source of high quality protein. They also provide many vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, riboflavin, vitamin D, folate and iron.
- Brown rice is an excellent alternative to white rice because it has more protein, fibre, and other nutrients.