Diego Fernando Sanchez
100g pineapple, sliced
30g brown sugar
1 bunch parsley, chopped
½ onion, finely diced
½ red pepper, deseeded and finely diced
3 tablespoons oil
4 teaspoons white vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put the pineapple slices on the baking tray. Sprinkle with the sugar. Bake in the oven for 8 minutes. Allow to cool and then finely dice the pineapple.
- Put all the ingredients in the large bowl. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
- To finely dice the pineapple, onion and pepper, first cut them into thin strips about 3mm wide and then into small cubes. This is a method of cutting fruits and vegetables called brunoise.
- This fresh and tasty chutney is delicious served with cooked meats and fish.
- Pineapple is an excellent source of vitamin C. One cup of pineapple chunks provides the amount of vitamin C that you need in a day. Vitamin C is important for the growth and repair of bones, teeth, skin and other tissues.