Sui Cheong Yau
Yau Master Ltd
Lucky fish roll
100g minced fish
80g (½ small can) sweet corn, drained
3 nori seaweed sheets
1 carrot, finely diced
1 bunch coriander, chopped
2 tablespoons cornstarch
½ teaspoon water
Pinch of salt
- Put the fish, oatmeal, sweet corn, carrot, salt, cornstarch and water in the large bowl. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture on the nori sheets. Roll up and wrap with cling film.
- Steam for 8 minutes. Leave to cool.
- Slice the rolls on a slant. Garnish with coriander and serve.
- Wrap any leftover rolls in cling film and place in the refrigerator. They make a delicious healthy snack the next day.
- Try replacing the minced fish with minced pork or chicken for a meaty alternative.
- Fish is low in fat and packed with high quality protein. The protein in fish supplies the body with the necessary building blocks that help physical and mental health.
- Seaweed is a nutritional powerhouse. It is rich in iodine, vitamin K, and a very good source of folate and magnesium. It also provides other B vitamins, calcium and iron.