Chilli pork burritos
150g minced pork
100g (¼ can) kidney beans, drained
100g rice, cooked and warmed
3 flour tortillas
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
½ iceburg lettuce, finely sliced
1 tablespoon oil
½ teaspoon chilli powder
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon salt
1 portion Zesty salsa
- Put the pork in the small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Leave to one side for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan over medium high heat. Add the garlic and chilli. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the seasoned pork and chilli powder. Cook for 6 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Heat the kidney beans in the saucepan until warm.
- Lay out the tortillas and divide the rice evenly between them. Spread the rice out, leaving a 2cm border at the top and bottom of the tortilla.
- Spoon the beans over the rice, followed by the pork. Top with the lettuce and salsa.
- Roll the tortillas up and around the ingredients. Tuck in the sides and roll to close.
- Cut diagonally in half. Serve immediately.
- Add some grated cheese and finely chopped spring onions as an extra garnish.
- Try replacing the minced pork with minced chicken, or make a vegetarian tortilla with shredded veggies like zucchini, carrots, spinach and tofu.
- For extra heat, add bottled hot sauce to the pork or veggies, or try marinating the pork in some cajun or piri-piri spices before cooking.
- Choose brown rice and whole wheat tortillas to increase the fibre content.
- Minced pork is a good source of protein. Choose extra lean minced pork to lower fat consumption.