Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
Chicken Parmesan Romana
300g chicken fillet, cut into 2cm thick strips
160g white cabbage, sliced
40g bacon, sliced
40g black olives, drained
20g cheese, grated
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1½ tablespoons oil
2 teaspoons dried parsley
½ teaspoon dried basil
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the cabbage. Cover and cook for 6 minutes, or until soft. Drain the cabbage, set to one side and keep warm.
- Heat the oil in the wok. Add the garlic. Fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the chicken, bacon, olives, basil and parsley. Mix well. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Reduce the heat. Slowly add the cream, stirring all the time. Cook for 1 minute.
- Divide the cabbage between four plates or bowls. Add the chicken mixture. Mix together. Top with the cheese and serve.
- Swap the cooked cabbage for shredded iceberg lettuce for a crunchy, warm salad.
- Add 4 sliced brown mushrooms for added flavour.
- Have some leftover cream? Check out our Char-grilled sweet corn cobbler recipe!
- Herbs like basil and parsley add flavour to a dish without the need for any added salt.
- Use milk in place of cream for a lower fat version of this recipe.
- Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin C and polyphenols. Both have powerful antioxidant effects and can reduce the risk of some cancers