Centre for Nutritional Studies, CUHK
Banana pudding in a mug
30g self-raising flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ banana, sliced
2 tablespoons skimmed milk
½ tablespoon oil
½ tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Put all the ingredients, except the banana, into the bowl. Mix together.
- Mash two-thirds of the banana slices with the fork. Add to the batter. Mix well.
- Divide the batter into 2 mini microwave-safe mugs.
- Cook in the microwave oven for 1 minute 20 seconds on high power.
- Leave to cool for 3 minutes. Put the spare banana slices on top and serve immediately.
- Try adding a tablespoon of raisins to the batter in step 2.
- This is a delicious and simple treat for children and uses very little sugar as the fruit sweetens the cake naturally.
- Why not try our Peanut butter banana iced mocha recipe with any spare banana?
- Skip the sugar if the banana is ripe enough. Let the natural fruity sweetness shine while bringing down the calories of the dessert.
- Wholemeal self-raising flour can increase the fibre content of the dish.
- Try adding fresh or frozen berries to the batter before cooking for a boost of anti-oxidative power.