Professional Chef Union
Bacon and vegetable stir-fry
3 slices of bacon, thinly sliced
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
½ cabbage, thinly sliced
½ tablespoon oyster sauce
- Heat the wok over a high heat. Add the bacon. Fry for 4 minutes until brown.
- Add the garlic. Fry for 1 minute.
- Add the cabbage and carrot. Fry for 4 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce. Cook for 1 minute. Serve.
- This dish is delicious eaten hot with rice or cold as a salad.
- Cooking oil is not needed in this recipe, as the bacon will naturally release oil as it cooks.
- Store any leftovers in a closed plastic box in the fridge.
- Half a cup of carrots provides more than one day’s worth of vitamin A. Vitamin A plays an important role in vision, bone growth and a healthy immune system.
- Cured meats can be high in salt. Go for reduced-salt, unsmoked back bacon.
- Cabbage is an excellent source of vitamin K, C and B6. These nutrients are essential for maintaining good health.