Ants on a log
1 bunch celery, cut into 8cm pieces
200g (1 pack) cream cheese
- Spread the cream cheese onto the celery logs with a spoon.
- Scatter the raisins along the top of the cream cheese. Serve immediately.
- This version of Ants on a log is great for kids to make on their own!
- Try using smooth peanut butter in place of cream cheese.
- Experiment with different small or diced fruits, such as cherries, cranberries, apricots, currants and grapes. You can also add pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds for extra flavour.
- Raisins are a good source of potassium and help lower blood pressure.
- Celery is low in calories and a good source of dietary fibre, which helps to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, diabetes and cancer.
- For a lower fat option, choose cream cheese and peanut butter that are labelled “light” or “reduced fat”.