Operations Manager (FHK-OPM-YT)
- To manage the day to day operations of the Feeding Hong Kong food bank, including the sourcing, receipt, storage and distribution of all food safely, quickly and accurately to ensure an effective flow of food to those who need it;
- To enforce food safety and standards across Feeding Hong Kong’s operations and ensure that inventory management policy and procedures are properly executed.
- Ensure all food received in the warehouse is appropriately sorted, inspected, stored and distributed in line with FEHD requirements and international best practice in respect of food safety;
- Handle food donation enquiries, evaluating if the food item is fit for donation and in compliance with Feeding Hong Kong’s donation guidelines;
- Prepare food donation documentation and maintain donor records;
- Enforce strict standards of cleanliness, presentation and professionalism in the warehouse ;
- Manage the inventory of the food bank along a first expire first out principle, ensure all records are accurate and up to date, and that an appropriate variety and volume of food is in stock at all times;
- Plan and administer inventory allocation to charities including order picking, packing and distribution against agreed targets;
- Manage manpower resources, operating expenses and vehicle utilisation.
- Work with the Charities Manager to ensure charity partners comply with the food safety standards set out by Feeding Hong Kong;
- Work with the Volunteer Manager to ensure the necessary resourcing of the food bank with volunteers and interns;
The post holder will:
- Be accountable and report to the Operations Director;
- Line manage the Operations Supervisor and Operations Assistants;
- Regularly manage volunteers and, on an ad hoc basis, interns.
Experience, skills and knowledge
- Educated to degree level or equivalent standard of experience;
- Driver’s licence advantageous.
- Working in the food industry;
- Operating inventory management systems; knowledge of Salesforce and TopShelf advantageous;
- Working in a warehouse or logistics distribution centre;
- Supervising a small team.
- Self motivate and motivate and organise individuals and groups;
- Work independently and with diverse groups of people;
- Be flexible, positive and hardworking;
- Adopt a can-do attitude, and display initiative and problem solving skills.
- Distribution in Hong Kong;
- Food safety and food standards best practice;
- Written and spoken Cantonese and English (fluency in both);
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Full-time, Monday – Friday. 09:00-18:00
Yau Tong, Kowloon
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter and salary expectations to Mandy Ma at firstname.lastname@example.org