- We offer food retailers and manufacturers a convenient, safe and reliable way to channel surplus food to local charities that help feed people in need.
- We reduce the volume of food waste being sent to landfill.
- We raise public awareness about poverty and food insecurity in Hong Kong.
- We encourage partnerships between existing government, civil society and private sector efforts.
- We promote volunteerism and support existing community outreach programmes.
- We promote healthy eating and nutritional education to the most vulnerable groups in our community.
Did you know?
Despite relative economic prosperity, over 19% of the population in Hong Kong lives under the poverty line. This figure includes people from all walks of life, in every district of the SAR. At the same time, more than 3,400 tonnes of food is thrown away each and every day. This discarded food is not only taking up valuable space in our city’s limited landfills but is a major source of greenhouse gas emissions.